Sunday, September 16, 2012

Family Time Fitness {Schoolhouse Review Crew}



My boys are physically active, pretty much every day. I really haven't seen a need for a formal physical education program for my children (I need it far worse than they do!). Nor have I ever seen the need to spend money on a gym membership. But we definitely need to make sure we all fit physical exercise into each day.

A few weeks ago, we were sent the download version of Fitness 4 Home School Core 1 Curriculum K-8, from Family Time Fitness.

The Fitness 4 Homeschool Curriculum makes it possible for homeschool parents to teach physical education even if they have no previous knowledge of physical education and athletic development. The program was designed by experts in fitness training, nutrition and body movement. It’s meant to suit every age and ability level and is budget friendly. This program combines flexibility and fun with a comprehensive curriculum, giving your children a foundation for strong bodies and minds.

What is included in the program? A startup guide, PDF lesson plans, video demonstrations, assessment tools, reminder emails, lifetime curriculum and video updates, access to online webinars and certificates of completion.

I loaded the PDF files onto my Kindle Fire, for portability. It seemed, though, we preferred viewing the video demonstrations of the exercises/activities on the computer, since the screen is larger and easier for all to see.


It is recommended to do the lessons five days a week, but at least a minimum of three days each week. We started out working on it every day, but on day three, the Botanist Boy begged to do it every other day instead, because he was so sore from the first two days.

What? I know my boys are pretty physically fit, especially that one! But these activities obviously make them use different muscles than they normally use, or at least use them in a different manner.



I think these are very good activities to help strengthen Little Bit's muscle tone, and improve his coordination, especially since he is no longer able to receive physical or occupational therapy.

As you can see by this picture, physical activity is very beneficial for improving brain activity. And we know how well physical exercise works for regulating blood sugar levels for people with diabetes (hence, I try to get Jen in on the activities with the boys when I can!).



Each session starts with warm up exercises, then goes in to the physical activity or game, followed by cool down exercises. Last is an (optional) outdoor activity, like an agility course, or a game of tag, etc. Sometimes I have the kids do the final activity, sometimes not.

If you're looking for a way to include physical education in to your homeschool, this would be an excellent curriculum with which do that. 

Cost: $57.00. One curriculum purchase can be used for all your children, grades K-8. It can benefit the whole family, though!

Contact Information:
Website
Email
Address:
Family Time Fitness
3131F East 29th Street
Bryan, TX 77802
Phone: 979-209-0778
Facebook
Twitter 

Be sure to check out what my fellow Crew mates have to say about Family Time Fitness.
*****************    

Disclaimer: As a Schoolhouse Review Crew blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!