Tuesday, October 10, 2017

CTCMath {Homeschool Review Crew}

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, I'm sure you have heard me say more than once that math is not our favorite subject around here...except for my youngest. I am always thankful to find a math program that is painless for me, the teacher. Ha! Seriously, I was pleased, and Little Bit was excited, for the chance to use the single student membership plan of CTCMath.
CTCMath
CTCMath is designed to be a complete curriculum for grades K-8, but is probably better suited as a supplement for the higher level maths, such as Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus. Little Bit (I have to come up with a new screen name for him!!) is technically in 8th grade this year, so we chose for him to work on the Basic Math and Pre-Algebra level. He's been working on this course 3-4 days a week.

I like that he can work on this, on his own, during the time I am away, taking Botanist Boy to his GED prep classes. Little Bit can log in, and resume from where he left off.
First, there is a tutorial video for him to watch. The video is a whiteboard, on which the instructor demonstrates problems and solutions, while giving verbal instructions. By the way, we like the awesome Aussie accent!

After that, he goes through the interactive questions. This section is graded right away, so he can see what he's done right. He can keep working the same problems over, until he has the correct answer. He will work over and over, until he has reached a score with which he is satisfied. I think he aims for around 80% or higher.

There are also pdf lesson summaries which could be printed off, to go in his notebook (I haven't done any of those yet). The worksheets are also available as pdfs to be printed off, if desired.
Parents and students have separate dashboards. On the parent dashboard, I can keep track of how many lessons he has completed, and his overall grade. I can also keep track of his activity: times logged in and out, what video lessons he's viewed, the score he received for each lesson (and for each time he attempted the lesson). I can also track the awards he's earned (there haven't been any yet, during this review period, but I still see a list of the ones he earned from our previous review period). Also, there is a list of the weekly reports, which can also be emailed to me. Awards and certificates can also be emailed to me, as well as a newsletter.

A couple years ago we reviewed CTCMath. I think we like it as much now as we did then. In fact, Little Bit might even like it more now than he did then. (And of course Botanist Boy didn't even review it this time around.)
CTCMath

CTCMath offers monthly and yearly memberships, for a single student, or for multiple students in a family plan. Currently homeschoolers can get 60% off + 6 bonus months. Sign up for a free trial. Both offers end November 15, 2017.

To read more reviews by the Homeschool Review Crew, just click the banner below.

Connect with CTCMath on social media:
(US and Canada)
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
YouTube
(Australia)
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube

CTCMath Online Math Tutoring {Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!