Wednesday, April 20, 2016

X is for eXhaustion {100 Themes, with link up}


I struggle with insomnia, which usually leaves me feeling exhausted. I will admit, though, that there were a couple times in my life I felt truly, thoroughly exhausted.

A few months back, I mentioned that I'd taken a trip to Alaska with my folks, nearly 26 years ago. It was difficult for me to get much sleep, because it was daylight the whole time we were there. When is it was time to leave Alaska, I flew from Anchorage to Seattle, then caught AmTrak from Seattle to West Glacier, Montana. I didn't sleep much on the train.

When I arrived in West Glacier, expecting to meet only my husband, I found that he had his niece and nephew with him...with plans to spend the day sightseeing in Glacier National Park. Before the day was half over, I was literally falling asleep on my feet!

Another time I remember feeling total exhaustion was shortly after Little Bit was born. That fall, I allowed myself to be persuaded by folks at church to send Tim and Jen to the church school in Great Falls, Montana. We lived in Choteau at that time, and Great Falls is 60 miles away. I only had to meet the teacher in Fairfield (17 miles from Choteau) in the mornings. In the afternoons, one of the teacher's sisters-in-law met me in Fairfield to return the kids.

So, I had a nursing newborn, a nursing toddler, and had to make a 32-mile round trip morning and afternoon...in Montana winter weather! There were some mornings I was so tired, sleepy, exhausted!, that I'd have to have the windows rolled down, plus bounce on the seat while driving, to keep myself awake!! That was scary-exhausted!

Have there been times when you've been exhausted? Are you exhausted now?

Jesus says: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28, KJV. Be sure to come to Him, allow Him to give you that rest.

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, friend! And I love that verse you quoted at the end. We look forward to that eternal rest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!