Saturday, November 2, 2013

Diabetes Awareness Month Photo a Day

Hey! I found a meme to participate in for Diabetes Awareness Month! Kerri, over at Six Until Me is hosting Photo a Day. Using #dmpad

Day 1: Past
This is Jen, about 8 years before she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It was also shortly after I became a single mom (the first time). I had no car, so we had to walk all over town. I used to load several bags of groceries in the stroller, behind Jen. All that walking kept me in pretty good shape. But can you imagine pushing that stroller in temperatures in the 20s to below 0, with a few inches of snow and ice on the sidewalks?

Day 2: Check
This picture could also fit under the "past" category. Little Bit used to love helping his sister with her blood sugar checks, and even with her insulin injections!
For the past nearly-ten years, she has to check her blood sugar  a minimum of 5 times a day. She has tough finger tips now!
I hope you'll join us throughout the month, as we continue talking about diabetes and diabetes awareness.



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea for diabetes awareness. I wonder if I could catch up by doing a few extra pictures tomorrow or if I could jump in a few days late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristi, please do join in. Play catch up today. :) As you can see, I didn't post on day 1. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!