Saturday, December 10, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal~December 4-10, 2011


In my life this week

Homeschooling kids; writing homeschool product reviews; celebrating the Botanist Boy's birthday; canning applesauce; decorating the house for Christmas....I think that was more than enough to keep anyone busy! ;-)

In our homeschool this week

Little Bit spent the week somewhat reviewing volumes 1-3 of Five in a Row. Now we are moving on the Volume 4....Hard to believe that was my last time through volumes 1-3. I have always enjoyed those books and activities! Kind of a bittersweet moment here.

Botanist Boy is making his way through his study on Helen Keller (using Beyond Five in a Row). We watched The Miracle Worker this week, too.
Teen Girl is working hard, mostly independently, on her classwork. I am so proud of how hard she is working!

My favorite thing this week was 
The Botanist Boy celebrated his birthday! The expression on his face when he saw what his older brother had given him for his birthday was absolutely priceless!!

What’s working/not working for us 

We were trying to do a unit study on Christmas, but the extra work just seemed to be stressing Teen Girl and me out too much....so we decided to discontinue. I think we both feel a bit more relaxed now.

I’m cooking
 
This week, we had a special birthday menu on Thursday. (I posted a copy of the requested menu here.) So, of course we had birthday cake, as well...which the Botanist Boy decided to make himself.

I’m grateful for

My children, especially my birthday boy this week. I'm thankful God has allowed me to be their mother!

I’m praying for

My children, that their relationship with the Lord will grow stronger each day.
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share
 














Read more Homeschool Mothers' Journals, or link up. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!