Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge--Day 21

I am grateful for my 17 year old daughter. She's beautiful; she has a lovely smile and gorgeous blue eyes. Even more than outward beauty is her inward beauty. She has such a large, caring, tender heart. From what I observe, she doesn't hold a grudge; she is fairly quick to forgive. She has a passion for animals, and a love for young children.

Frankly, she's my hero! Because on top of being a teenage girl, and all that goes with that; on top of losing two dads; on top of moving away from dear friends twice in her life...she rides the roller coaster of Type 1 Diabetes.

It grieves me when I see how abominably she is treated sometimes. But even when she must be hurting excruciatingly, she will still forgive.

I am so thankful Jesus gave me the wonderful privilege of being her mother!!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. God bless her heart. She sounds like a wonderful young lady. I hope one day there is a cure for diabetes, but until then, I pray she can keep hers stable and enjoy a healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter sounds like a lovely young lady. You two sound like you have a wonderful relationship, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!