Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TOS Review: Bower Books~The Person I Marry

When was the last wedding you attended? Or when will you attend your next wedding? Have your children been to a wedding?

Here is a sweet, beautifully illustrated and eloquently written book to help your children fully understand what that special ceremony is all about.

The Person I Marry--Things to Think About Long Before I Say I Do,  is written in rhyme, and lists qualities your child ought to look for in a future spouse. But we are also reminded that we should be developing those character traits in our own lives.

And, frankly, it's never to soon to begin praying for our children's future spouses. It's never too early for our children to begin praying for their future spouses, either, and to pray that they themselves become the right person for their future spouses.

Jan and Gary are parents of 12 children, and have been married for over 30 years. Jan uses her own children and grandchildren as models for her lovely paintings.

Next March we have a wedding to attend, in Florida. My little guys' best friends' big sister is the bride-to-be, and we love her very much. She is marrying the young man who was baptized with my oldest two children, and I love him like a son. I very definitely would like a hard copy of this book for ourselves, but would also like to give one to our friends, and even one to the bride and groom!

As I attempted to read The Person I Marry to my children, I couldn't help but cry. It was definitely my desire, from childhood, to find a man with the character qualities outlined in this book: Respectful, kind, honest, faithful, thoughtful, patient, forgiving, teachable, morally pure, hardworking, motivated, fun loving....and fully committed to the marriage, and willing to do what ever it takes to make the marriage work.

Divorce is a very painful thing to go through. I only hope and pray my children learn from the mistakes I've made. I pray they will strive to become people who truly portray these character traits, and keep them foremost in their minds while searching for their future spouses. And my oldest two may not be that far off from that event!

You can see a video clip of some of the paintings here.

We were provided with a digital version of The Person I Marry. A hard-cover copy can be purchased for $11.99. Be sure to check out their other books, too. They all look really sweet!

Contact Information:

Email:  garybower@charter.net

Address:
Bower Books & Fine Art
A Division of Storybook Meadow Publishing Co.
7700 Timbers Trail
Traverse City, Michigan 49684

Phone: 888-898-3207
Fax: 231-947-8903

Be sure to see what my fellow Crew mates read, by clicking the banner below.



*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!