Monday, February 28, 2011

Memoir Monday--Week 22

Technology. Frankly, I had to look it up, just to see what all might be included in this topic. You know, computers, cell phones, dvd/blue ray videos, CDs....even vhs videos! Nope; none of that when I was a kid!

I'm a dinosaur!! LOL I grew up in the day of records and record players; 8 track tapes; I even remember black and white TV!! :p So this week's topics are rather a challenge!

What "technology" do you remember having around the house as a child?

Eight-track tape player, and eight-track tapes. I remember listening to Perry Como, Andy Williams, while working in the kitchen. This was way back when we lived in Michigan....We had a TV (I am pretty sure it was black and white), until lightning struck the antenna, and blew out the television. Then we were a few years without one.

I remember having a record player. My favorite records to listen to were our Your Story Hour records (I still have a set of them!!). Whenever I was sick, I would listen to those records, all day long, one after another.....

What video games did you grow up playing? What was your favorite?

Nope, didn't happen. Didn't have any video games to play. Like I said, I'm a dinosaur!! ;-)


**************************
Please stay tuned for more episodes of Memoir Mondays!


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I had a record player in high school. You're not that old... :-) Or maybe I AM that old. Ha! I remember one of our college friends had an eight track in his car. It was rather unique, though. We went without a TV for a while too. I'd be more than happy to do that now. My two youngest don't have any interest in TV, but they'd miss their video games. Personally, I could completely do without.

    April

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!