Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blog 30 Days of Diabetes--Day 23

Holiday Travel – The pilgrims traveled for 66 days to make it to the “new world.”  Do you travel for Thanksgiving or other holidays?  What tricks or tips do you use to navigate airport crowds, traffic-filled highways and blood glucose fluctuations?

We will be traveling, by car, to my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving Day. With all the hype all over the internet about the rather invasive screening methods taking place at airports, I definitely wouldn't want to fly, or have anyone in my family fly, this holiday season!!

Several articles I have come across on the internet:
My daughter takes her insulin, and small boxes of apple juice, in a small insulated lunch bag, with ice packs, when ever we travel. We try to have a few snacks along, too, as well as drinks. The children and I have traveled often between here and my folks' so we have that routine down!

A little over a year ago, Jen and her brother flew to the west coast, to visit my ex. We sent a letter with her from the doctor, stating she has diabetes, and has to have her supplies with her. I don't think they had any trouble going through security any of the time. But that was before security was as heightened as it is now. I certainly wouldn't want to subject them to the pat-downs or scans; they just seem way too invasive!! Frankly, it hardly seems safe for anyone to fly anymore. And I believe this means that our Lord Jesus' coming is very, very near. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!