Friday, November 26, 2010

Blog 30 Days of Diabetes--Day 26

“Friends & Family Friday” – Interview someone to learn how they feel about your diabetes, or let them write a “guest post” on your blog!

Here again, it isn't my diabetes I am blogging about.... And I know I have posted in the past how I feel about my daughter's diabetes. But I guess I can say it again!

It makes me angry. It makes me sad. It makes me wish I could take it from her; I'd gladly take it myself, if I could. Sometimes I feel such deep sorrow.

There are times we get so tired of "dealing with it," of blood sugar checks, insulin shots, carb counting...Sometimes we wish we could just "quit"....But diabetes never quits, so we can't ever quit.

Sometimes, not as often as I used to, I experience an almost-overwhelming fear that her blood sugar will bottom out in the night...and she won't awaken in the morning. I think she sometimes fears those lows in the night, too...and tends to prefer her blood sugars riding a little high. I think she fears the lows more than the highs...but she needs to realize the dangers of prolonged highs, too.

That balance is hard to achieve, sometimes, especially during these teen years. We'll just keep working away at maintaining balance, though. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!