Saturday, November 27, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge--Day 27

Happy Sabbath!! Yes, again I am grateful, and thankful, for the Sabbath day. I am grateful that, when He created the world, God set aside this special day for us to rest from our labor and to focus on communing with Him. And Jesus rested on the Sabbath day during His work of redemption.

I try to teach this to my children: If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour Him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD...~Isaiah 58:13, 14.

May you have a blessed Sabbath day today, too, full of the delights of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!