Thursday, September 2, 2010

Product Review: Time4Learning Writing


My daughter and I recently were afforded the opportunity to review a product from Time4Learning called Time4Writing.

Time4Writing is an online writing program for elementary through high school grades. At the elementary level, classes offered are: grammar; sentence structure; paragraph writing; and essay writing. Middle school level classes are: basic mechanics; writing enhancement; paragraph writing; essay writing; and advanced essays. High school level classes offered are: grammar, usage, and mechanics; paragraph writing; and essay writing.  They also plan to offer high school essays for standardized tests in the future.

Their classes are eight week long sessions. Assignments are laid out in weekly increments. The student completes and submits the assignment, then waits for the teacher to grade the assignment, and offer feedback. Each course will take approximately 2 hours of the student's time each week.

Each eight week course is $99.00.

The course my 11th grade daughter chose was the high school paragraph writing class. She seems to enjoy it fairly well, and says it is pretty fun. We did face some challenges while she was supposed to be working on this class, so has not been able to complete it yet.

Those of you who are readers/followers of my blog know that we spent an unexpected three weeks at my folks' place. Internet access was not consistent. Then when we got home, we found we had no internet here at home, until earlier this week. So it has made it difficult for her to complete the lessons.

When she has been able to complete her assignments, the teacher to whom she had been assigned seemed to respond rather promptly. I would like for my daughter to be able to complete this class....perhaps even take one or both of the other high school level classes, as well....but, alas, I have already spent my curriculum budget for the year! ;)

You might also want to check out SpellingCity.com.

To read what my fellow TOS Crew mates have written about this product, please click the banner below.



********************

As a review blogger,  I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review. I appreciate the information, and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!