Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Forensic Faith for Kids {Homeschool Crew Review}

I think I've mentioned before that we enjoy detective, crime scene and forensic shows (which we watch on DVD since we have no television reception) around here. When I saw this book by J. Warner and Susie Wallace, I just knew we had to check it out.

Forensic Faith for Kids is the third in a series by the Wallaces, published by David C Cook, and distributed through Case Makers Academy. When I saw that the mystery involves a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, I was sold! <grin> (My parents raised Corgis when I was a very young child, and they've always had a special place in our hearts). The book is written especially for 8-12 year olds, but I knew my youngest would enjoy it even though he's 16 now.
J. Warner Wallace is a cold-case homicide detective who's been featured on a few crime related television shows. He was an atheist, but now he and his wife are working with young people in a church setting, teaching them how to be followers of Jesus, and how to confidently share their faith.
A little about the story: The Case Makers Academy cadets are trying to find out where Bailey, an adorable Corgi puppy, came from after she just appeared at the car wash they were holding as a fund raiser. Their detective instructor teaches them how to run an investigation to determine how to find her owner.
In addition to that, there is a friend who needs help answering questions of another friend about Jesus, and whether or not He really is God. The detective provides assistance and steps in researching the Bible for answers.

Even though SJ could read the book himself (and he did read a couple of the chapters on his own), I enjoyed reading it aloud to him. We especially enjoyed the visit the kids and Bailey made to the pet store!
The Case Makers Academy is full of fun information! There are short videos;  downloadable, printable activity sheets and fill-in-the-blank notebook sheets; and adult leader pages for each chapter. Yes, there is an adult version of Forensic Faith, as well. I purchased the Audible version to listen to myself. I hope Jen will take time to listen to it as well, some time.
While I read to SJ, he worked on the activity sheets. There are activities such as: word search, crossword puzzle, dot-to-dot image, etc. All are especially fun activities for those preteens! The fill-in-the-blank pages will have your preteen searching the text of the book for the answers.
At the end, there is a certificate which can be printed off. There is also an academy badge to print off.

Personally, I would like to check out the rest of the books, both children's books and adults' books: Cold Case Christianity for Kids; God's Crime Scene for Kids; Cold Case Christianity; and God's Crime Scene. With them, you will investigate Jesus and the Gospels; and the creation of the universe. I think the children's versions would be perfect for any of the preteens at church; maybe a great Christmas gift. I think I'll suggest it to my homeschooling friend for her 8 year old grandson (whom we've met in the past on my blog).

Connect with Case Makers Academy via social media:
Facebook

You will want to see how other Crew members used Forensic Faith for Kids and the Case Makers Academy, and what their thought are. Simply click the banner below.
Forensic Faith for Kids {David C Cook  and  Case Makers Academy Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Privacy policy: we do not share your information except to send you emails when new posts occur on the blog.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!