Friday, April 13, 2018

Watchman Pictures, Princess Cut {Homeschool Crew Review}

We enjoy movies in our homeschool and family life, and I'm always looking for a good Christian film for us to watch. I was pleased for the opportunity to view and review Princess Cut, from Watchman Pictures.
The story is about Grace, a young woman in her early 20s, who dreams of Mr. Right and the day he places a princess cut diamond ring on her finger. Instead she finds herself  in relationships that end badly. This leads her on a quest to discover what it means to truly love another, with guidance from her father. He encourages her to wait for God to bring the right man into her life.
Some of the points I found in the movie:

  • It's not so much in finding the perfect person, but becoming the person God made you to be. 
  • Stop trying to find love; let God bring it to you.
  • Use this time in preparing yourself for marriage.
  • Don't try to reap a harvest without planting the seeds first.
  • True love is worth waiting for.

I recognize Ashley Bratcher from War Room; Rusty Martin, Sr. from War Room and Courageous; and Rusty Martin, Jr. from Courageous. Both are among our favorite movies.

My 24 year old daughter, my 15 year old son and I each watched Princess Cut.

My thoughts: Sometimes the acting seems stilted, but overall I enjoyed it. It is entertaining, while providing a positive message. Yet, I found it hard to watch, because my own children have never had a godly father figure in their lives, to be that spiritual guide and leader in our home.

SJ's thoughts: "It's good."

I also loaned the video to my homeschooling friend, who watched it with her 14 year old daughter. She didn't have her husband or 17 year old son watch with them, because they tend to mock "chic flicks." (But she may try again later to get the men to watch it.)

My friend's thoughts: "The acting was a bit forced, but the characters were engaging and the plot improved as the story progressed. What I really appreciated was the message of the movie and it is one hardly seen at all in today's entertainment.  I think it encourages young people (and old) that there is a choice other than today's dating scene and disposable relationships."

J's thoughts: "I didn't care for the acting and that made the story seem unrealistic to me. I liked the parents - they were very good to her. They listened. I liked how the doctor came into the story. I was happy that she found someone that treated her nicely."

Be sure to check it out for yourself. When you do, make sure to watch the special features at the end, which go into the details of how the movie was made, as well as some of the bloopers. (We love movie bloopers!)

You will want to read the other Crew members' reviews as well, to see their opinions of Princess Cut. Simply click the banner below to go to their reviews.

Connect with Princess Cut movie via social media:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube


Princess Cut {Watchman Pictures Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!