Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Greek 'n' Stuff {Homeschool Review Crew}


I try to have a mostly-Bible-based homeschool in our household, so I am always on the lookout for resources to help with that. The past few weeks, my youngest son has been using the King James Version of I Can Study Acts Alone With God Bible Study, from Greek 'n' Stuff.
Alone With GodBible Study
ActsKing James Version
This fifty-two (52) week study is laid out nicely in short, daily portions, with check boxes, and is designed for late elementary ages and up.

The beginning of each week's lesson lists the whole passage which will be covered for the week. We read the whole portion at once. Then the lesson is divided in to daily portions, covering 6 days, labeled Monday through Saturday. We actually did them Sunday through Friday, on average, since our Sabbath mornings are pretty busy getting ready for church.

Each day starts with "Pray. Ask God to help you in studying His Word." Then suggests to read or recite the week's memory verse. Then there are two or three questions, with verses to find the answers, and lines on which to fill in the answers.

Each day also has a box, in which there is further information. The week ends with a "Think and Pray About It" information box.

Greek 'n' Stuff has several Bible lessons: Jonah & Ruth; 1 Samuel; Esther, in addition to Acts, each using either King James Version or New International Version. They also have resources for learning Greek and Latin.

We chose Acts, because Acts covers the story of Stephen, since my tester's name is Steven. We also want to study more about the early history of the Christian church.

Each day, we worked on the lesson together, Steven and I. He is my struggling learner, is learning challenged, so I read aloud to him the Bible passages, and helped him find the answers to the questions. Then, I underlined the words in my Bible, and he copied them onto the lines in the workbook. I also read the words in the box aloud to him.

These Bible studies are perfect for helping children develop the habit of daily Bible study, because each day's portion is bite-sized. From what I can see, these studies are Biblically accurate. I know that my Seventh-day Adventist friends will appreciate hearing that information.

For example, it is clarified that an angel is a created being who is a little higher in dignity than man, and is not a human being who has died. Or when it talks about Stephen, while being stoned, fell asleep. It is clarified that that means he died.

I am considering the possibility of suggesting these Bible studies to be used by the earliteen Sabbath school class that I help lead out a couple Sabbaths a month. I may plan to have Steven use this to accompany his reading (or listening) of the book, The Acts of the Apostles, by E.G. White, later on.

Be sure to click the banner below, to read more reviews, from my Crew mates, since the Crew reviewed the other Bible studies, and different levels of Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek!

Connect with Greek 'n' Stuff via social media:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram

Teach Me Some Greek {Greek 'n' Stuff Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!