Saturday, April 9, 2016

V is for Vulnerable


I've been trying to decide what to write about for the letter "V" and felt the Lord speaking to my heart to write about vulnerable/vulnerability.

Now I sit here, in front of a blank screen, trying to decide what to actually write about being vulnerable. And, yes, I have had two weeks to come up with something! Talk about feeling vulnerable!

Vulnerable is an adjective, which means: capable of being physically or emotionally wounded or hurt; open to moral attack, criticism, temptation, persuasion, censure.

Children are the most vulnerable.

I learned this week that April is National Child Abuse Prevention month. Jen and I saw hundreds of pinwheels on the lawn at the hospital last week. Maybe you've seen them at locations near you. Other resources for information about National Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention: Childwelfare; National Child Traumatic Stress Network; Prevent Child Abuse America.

"In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge." Proverbs 14:26, KJV.

Christians are vulnerable, as well. We just need to put our trust in Him.

"But my eyes are unto You, O God my Lord, in You is my trust; do not leave my soul defenseless." Psalm 141:8, MEV.

Parents are vulnerable. I think we become more vulnerable as our children grow up, become adults, and develop lives of their own. Sometimes our hearts are left raw. There are times when I feel like I can't "do" this "parenting thing" anymore! Am I the only one who feels that way?

Then there are days (which far outnumber the bad days!!) that I just praise God that I have the privilege of being Mom to my kids. I am proud of who and what they are becoming.

When we homeschool our children, we become very vulnerable. Attacks can come from all sides. The ones that hurt the most, though, are the ones that come from extended family. Stay strong, dear homeschooling parent. Daily ask God for guidance in training your children for His honor and glory. He will be with you, always.

I know there was more I was thinking of writing, but it has fled my memory for now. Perhaps I will add more later.

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!