Friday, March 11, 2016

S is for Sign up!


As you, my regular followers, already know, my daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. I don't blog about it much anymore, since she has moved out of my home, but it's still a constant thought and concern in the back of my mind.

One of our most enormous concerns, of course, is the cost of her insulin and other supplies, and the fact that she really can't afford the medical care and supplies.

When she turned 19, Medicaid kicked her off. She went for 3 years without insurance of any kind...and no way to pay for her medical expenses. It was a frightful time! Last fall, my husband was finally forced to get insurance, even though we really couldn't afford to. He went far above the call of duty, and is carrying insurance for all four of my kids (even though my ex really ought to be).

Even with the insurance, the expenses are still a huge stretch for Jen.

Our wonderful church family here in Florida has decided to host a 5K Run/Walk to raise awareness...and to raise funds for my lovely girl's medical expenses. We would be so grateful if you would join us, no matter where you live, on May 29, 2016. It's very possible my younger two boys and I will be back in Mississippi by that time. If we are, I hope to participate by having a walk there, and maybe we'll have one or two families join us there. I'm already trying to get my body prepared to do this!

Please sign up!
Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!