Friday, February 26, 2016

Q is for Quiet Place


If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may have discovered that I occasionally share a poem I've written. I wrote most of my poems during my high school years. I wrote my first poem when I was only ten years old. Frankly, I haven't written many since my kids were born (my oldest is now 24).

A majority of my poems were written while I was in a quiet place, in nature. Some of them even described the quiet place in which I was partaking of the sights and sounds of nature.

I Met With Him

I come to this place of quietude,
A special spot in the woods
With the sun shining through the leaves--
Just to unravel tangled thoughts.

I look up to the clear blue sky
To the fluffy, sailing clouds,
And know down in my lonely heart
That God is near, and hears me.

All around me are the hushed woods,
With joyful songs of the birds
And squirrels rummaging through the leaves;
All are quite cautious of me.

I am filled with awe and wonder
And love for my Creator;
He brought me to this lovely place
And speaks in the quietness.

I come, alone, to talk to Him.
Take my life and use it, Lord;
I give it over, all to You.
Thank You for speaking to me.

by Wendy KAR
August 20, 1981

Now let me introduce you to one of my favorite songs: 
A Quiet Place.
There is a quiet place,
Far from the rapid pace
Where God can soothe my troubled mind.
Sheltered by tree and flow’r,
There in my quiet hour
With Him my cares are left behind.
Whether a garden small,
Or on a mountain tall,
New strength and courage there I find;
Then from this quiet place
I go prepared to face a new day
With love for all mankind.

Do you have a special quiet place to which you like to go, so you can have time alone with God?

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Please note: 
COPYRIGHT 2005-2016.
All rights reserved. All text (including my poetry), photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author.
  Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful poem! I can imagine being all alone in nature just taking in the beauty of creation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely that you can share a piece of your heart with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!