Friday, January 29, 2016

Random 5 on Friday, January 29

1. It's been awhile since I posted a "Random 5 on Friday" post. Hopefully I can get back in to the habit. Here's hoping! <grin>

2. As you may know, Jen had an appendectomy (almost) a couple weeks ago. This past Tuesday she had her post-op appointment. She wanted me to go with her.

She wanted to walk around at the mall before her appointment. While in the mall, we had a rather humorous experience!

One of the kiosks had on display those hair-straightening devices. (For those who may not know, I have straight, waist length hair, for which I often receive compliments).  The young salesman approached us with a coupon, and began his spiel. Usually I just say "no, thanks" and walk away. This time I let him talk us in to his demonstration.

What was amusing was the fact that he was "hitting on" Jen through me! LOL My long hair was his excuse, of course. As he began his demonstration, he asked if Jen was my sister. (Ha!!) So I replied that no, she's my daughter. He made some comment about my pretty eyes, but seemed to be looking at Jen instead. He did ask our names (mine first, then Jen's), and then asked her how old she is.

All the while, he was demonstrating this straightening device. I'll admit, I like the way it made my hair look! But I certainly couldn't afford one.

Another young man in the store through which we entered and exited the mall also sort of "hit" on her. So I asked her if it happens often, when she is out with her friend. Yes, she said. Just always be careful, my dear girl!

Anyway, she checked out just fine at her doctor's appointment. She is healing rapidly! I am thankful to our Lord.

3. Meanwhile, my doctor's appointment (at which I was to hear the results of my ultrasound and blood work) which was scheduled for Wednesday, has been postponed! So the suspense lingers...

4. We spent Wednesday afternoon with our friends. We tried learning how to play the game I gave Botanist Boy for his birthday: The Castles of Burgundy. It has very complicated directions! We certainly are thankful for the time we get to spend with our friends here in Florida! (We certainly miss them, terribly, when we are in Mississippi!!)

5. We've been to the library several times this week, so the boys could use the wifi to do their math on their devices. Oh! How we love this library, and the library system here in Florida, compared to the one in Mississippi!!


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!