Tuesday, May 7, 2013

H is for...

H is for Hibiscus



The Hibiscus is a beautiful, large flower. They are used as landscape shrubs, and are grown to attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. I need some in my yard!

Hibiscus tea is a natural diuretic, which contains Vitamin C and minerals. A study showed that the tea will lower blood pressure. Read more about the Hibiscus here.

Other sources:
Better Homes and Gardens Plant Encyclopedia
Garden.org Plant Care Guide
American Hibiscus Society

H is also for Hollyhock

Another flower I miss, and need in my yard, is the Hollyhock. I had some when we lived in Montana, and they became one of my favorites. I haven't tried growing any here, yet. I need to!

Hollyhocks are popular garden ornamental plants. They are drought resistant, and do well in full-sun locations which might be too hot or dry for other plants.

The stems can be used for firewood. Hollyhocks can also be used medicinally.

Better Homes and Gardens Plant Encyclopedia
Growing Hollyhocks Successfully

Can you think of any other plant or flower which begins with "H"?

Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.

Also, be sure to like Life at Rossmont on Facebook, so you won't miss anything.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!