Saturday, February 9, 2013

U is for Understanding {Blogging Through the Alphabet}

U is for Understanding

This week, I'll share a few verses which talk about understanding. Understanding seems to go hand in hand with wisdom. If we strive to obtain wisdom from God, we'll also have understanding.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.~Proverbs 3:5.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.~Proverbs 4:7.

How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!~Proverbs 16:16.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: his praise endureth for ever.~Psalm 111:10.

Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.~Psalm 119:34.

Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to Thy word.~Psalm 119:169.

My son, if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.~Proverbs 2:1-6.

May these verses bring you encouragement to seek understanding from God.

Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.

Be sure to like Life at Rossmont on Facebook, so you won't miss anything.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!