Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Not" Back to School Blog Hop: Day-in-the-Life Week

What are our days like at Rossmont?

Well, the schedule I wish we had:

Maybe about 5:30--Mom rises, has personal quite prayer and Bible study time, then immediately takes a shower and dresses.

by 7:00--Boys rise, dress, and do pet/livestock chores (feed and water the multitude of rabbits, the chickens, the goats, and dogs; milk the goats, strain the milk)

8:30--Breakfast, and cleanup

9:00--Family worship, then go right in to Bible class

Math
Language Arts
Botanist Boy's science
Unit study, together
And so forth

1:00--Lunch, then clean up

Then the afternoon doing art, nature study, music appreciation, PE, etc.

Be all finished with school work by 2:30 or so.

Then there are evening pet chores

6:00--Supper, then cleanup

8:00--Bath time

8:30--Bedtime, for Little Bit
9:00--Bedtime, for Botanist Boy

In reality, our schedule looks more like this: 

Often after only 4 or 5 hours of sleep, Mom is awake by 4:00. Manages Bible study and prayer time, then has work online to accomplish. Often gets distracted by Facebook ;-)

Boys are up by 6:30 or 7:00; spend two hours caring for the animals. We're lucky if we see Jen before 9:00, and Tim before 10:00! (Yikes)

Breakfast, after the boys are finally back inside from caring for animals.

Family worship, then Bible class....maybe at 10:00.
Math is next.
Language Arts

By now it's time to prepare and eat lunch, then clean up. And this may be the time I finally get my shower, while Jen prepares lunch! :p

Midday check on the goats, chickens and rabbits...which can take up to a half hour! :p

If we are lucky, we are back to schoolwork by 2:30! LOL And are often still working by 5:00 or 5:30, then they have to go do the evening pet chores.

We're lucky if we get supper before 6:30.....

For the most part, I try to be pretty consistent about the boys' bedtimes, but sometimes the Botanist Boy thinks he should stay up even later! :p

The shortening daylight hours make it harder to get them up in the mornings.

I'm a morning person. Most of my kids are not! I've been struggling lately with this question: How does a morning-person mom homeschool late-rising children?! I want to get the schoolwork done as early as possible....The kids seem to prefer working later in the day....Ah, the dilemma!

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping by on the blog hop. To make sure you don't miss anything, please follow Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! The difference between our reality and dreams. I think you are doing well with your reality. I'm not a morning person so I'm amazed if I'm out of bed by 7. I would like to be up earlier but.

    I had the opposite problem of my young children waking before me. I darkened their bedroom windows. I'm such a bad mom sometimes! Now if they get up before I'm out of the showere they usually play quietly in their rooms.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!