Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blogging Through the Alphabet: Q & R


Q is for Quiet Time.

Quiet time....that all-illusive space of time mothers wish and long for each day. Most of you may think of that time of day, when the children are taking their afternoon rest, perhaps.

In reality, I am talking about that quiet time spent in communion with God: reading and meditating on His Word, praying....and listening for His voice and direction.

There are only two times a day when my house is quiet enough for me to have this special time: early in the morning, or very late at night. I imagine most parents can relate!


It's also good to have A Quiet Place, in which to have that quiet time.
There is a quiet place
Far from the rapid pace
Where God can soothe my troubled mind

Sheltered by tree and flow´r
There in my quiet hour
With Him my cares are left behind

Whether a garden small
Or on a mountain tall

New strength and courage there I find
Then from this quiet place
I go prepared to face
A new day with love for all mankind.

That brings me to R....

R is for Revived by His Word.

A sweet friend of mine in Australia introduced me to Revived by His Word, a daily Bible reading plan. I enjoy reading the Bible chapter, followed by the comments in the "Bible Blog" (which is usually posted by one of the professors at a Seventh-day Adventist university). After that there is discussion by people all around the world.

It's inspiring to read the various comments and points of view.

R is also for Roses.

I enjoy my roses (which my boys gave me for Mother's Day a few years ago). They are so lovely, and smell heavenly!



Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet. Q. R. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. The rose pictures are gorgeous - especially the middle one! Beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!