Friday, February 24, 2012

This Week at Rossmont, February 19-25, 2012


In our homeschool this week

Little Bit worked on his math, and reading. Botanist Boy also worked on his math. We also worked on products for upcoming reviews; Botanist Boy is reading The Cay; Teen Girl is reading The Screwtape Letters. And we're delving a little into Medieval history.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing

With the rapid rise of gas prices, we go as few places as possible, it seems. But Thursday was therapy day for Little Bit.


We ended up having to spend the day, because that evening, Teen Girl and the other seniors of our homeschool group had class photos taken....in caps and gowns! Makes her graduation all the more real!


We discovered a new pet shop in town, too!

My favorite thing this week was

Seeing my beautiful girl, dressed in cap and gown, for the photo shoot. Her smile was glorious!

I’m reading

I just finished reading (on my Kindle) Songbird, Under a German Moon, by Tricia Goyer. A wonderful story, set in Europe shortly after the end of World War II.

I’m praying for

Several people.

First I am praying for two young people who will be joined in marriage in a week; that they will allow God to be the Head of their home; that they will be truly happy.


Second, I am praying for a boy, the same age as Botanist Boy, who was injured in an accident several weeks back. He suffered a serious head injury. But God is working miracles on his behalf, and he is making great improvements.

Third, I pray for my precious children; healing for their hearts. Guidance for my oldest two; praying God will work things out for them to attend college.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share


Read more Homeschool Mothers' Journals, or link up. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!