Thursday, September 29, 2011

TOS Review: Aletheia Writing Magazine

Creative writing has been a part of "who I am" nearly my whole life. It has been one of my heart's desires to have at least one of my children enjoy writing as much as I do, so I am elated to see that I possibly actually have two!

I would have been thrilled to have a magazine such as Aletheia Writing Magazine available when I was a teen. It was with great enthusiasm I looked forward to receiving a copy to share with my teen, and to review.

Aletheia Writing Magazine is a quarterly publication which focuses on the literary and artistic works of young people, ages 13-19. Aletheia (pronounced Ah-LAY-thei-uh) is the Greek word for "truth" or "unveiling".  The magazine contains stories or poems which uniquely unveil or glimpse Christian truths in mysterious, beautiful, or wondrous ways (quoted from the website).

We understand that teens have a variety of thoughts, feelings, and experiences living in this world and we're open to taking their expressions seriously and in a truthful way- we're not interested in dumbing down or sanitizing the writing we receive. We're interested in publishing teen work in a quality manner while preserving its particular integrity.

But whether teens use their writing to explore the darker realities of life or celebrate the brighter ones, stories or poems, in the end, must convey a message of hope. This is what differentiates Christians from the rest of the world- they have hope. They have hope that Jesus is truly who He says He is, and that He has conquered sin and death and all of the darkness of this world and opened up the gates of Paradise for humanity. So, even amidst the struggle, the hope needs to shine through.~Aletheia Writing Magazine.

Here is what my daughter has to say: It's very interesting to read. I found especially the poems inspiring, since I love poems, and wish I was better at writing them. I would definitely love to read more issues!

I am well please with the quality of this magazine, and I know Teen Girl has enjoyed reading it from cover to cover. I have a feeling this is going on her Christmas wishlist! Or she will be saving up for purchasing a subscription herself.

You can take a peek at the Spring, 2011, digital issue here.

A full year's subscription, which includes 4 full-color issues, can be purchased for $26.00 in the U.S., or $29.00 in Canada, which of course includes shipping and handling.

Contact Information:

Website

Email: writealetheia@gmail.com

Address:
Aletheia Writing Magazine
P.O. Box 1602
Lansdale, PA  19446

Facebook

To read what my fellow Crew mates have to say about Aletheia Writing Magazine, click the banner below.



*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!