Monday, May 16, 2011

TOS Review: Bright Ideas Press~WonderMaps

Maps are a favorite around here. One or two of my boys like to pull out our big atlas, and just pore over the maps. Frankly, I have a fascination for maps myself!

When I learned we'd been among "the chosen" to receive this software to use and review, I was very excited! We use maps often, with our regular curriculum, so I've considered it a real blessing to have this opportunity.

WonderMaps is a customizable collection of over 350 different maps. With nearly endless possibilities, WonderMaps makes it easy to regularly integrate map study into a variety of lessons and make the most of every learning opportunity.


WonderMaps contains easy-to-use layers, allowing you to enjoy customizable features with just a click, such as:
  • historical or modern-day maps
  • outline, reference, political, or topographical maps
  • black-and-white or color maps
  • features including:  names, borders, rivers, cities, physical features, and graticules


WonderMaps includes:


  • 60+ maps of the world
  • 60+ maps of the USA
  • 125+ historical maps, including 25 biblical maps
  • The complete map sets from The Mystery of History, vols. I–III and All American History, vols. I & II


This video gives more information about WonderMaps.



We are really enjoying using these maps as we study the various continents, the animals from each continent, famous explorers to those continents, and various missionaries to the people there. I find we reference these maps often, too, while doing our studies on various topics, like when we studied about chocolate (where it comes from and where various famous chocolatiers where born, etc.). We also use them while studying various people and events from the Bible!

This truly is an awesome resource, which I am sure you will find useful as well! It is available as a CD or download, for Windows or Mac, for $49.95.

Contact information:

Website: Bright Ideas Press

Bright Ideas Press
PO Box 333
Cheswold, DE 19936

Phone: 877.492.8081.
Monday through Friday. 8:30, am to 5:00, pm, Eastern

Email: Contact form
Facebook
Twitter

Be sure to read what other Crew members have to say, by clicking the banner below.



*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!