Saturday, March 19, 2011

Five Question Friday

Why does Friday keep sneaking past me like that?! Please, tell me it is still Friday, somewhere (like Hawaii, right? or Alaska?)....

1. Have you ever testified in court? For what?

This one is rather an emotional question to answer, because, yes, I have. Too many times, actually.

For one, I have had the heartache of going through two divorces. So, yes, I have been in court for those.

I have also had to go to court to fight on behalf of my kids. My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 10 1/2. For one, it was a real shock. It was hard to accept the fact at first (still hard to accept!). But apparently certain medical professionals didn't think I was learning fast enough how to care for my daughter and her diabetes. You can read about our court time here and here.

2. Do you still have your wedding dress?

Um, which wedding, which dress?

Actually, for my first wedding, I wore my mother's wedding dress. I think she has it now.

My second wedding dress....I think I gave it to my daughter. I made the dress for my second wedding, which was Western-themed. I have gained too much weight to be able to wear it; and I am not sure my daughter will ever gain enough weight to ever wear....I thought it was a very lovely dress, though.

Third wedding? It was just a simple affair here at the house, with the minister, and our kids here. No special dress for it or anything.

3. Is there a special place you like to go when you're happy, sad, stressed, etc.?

My bedroom. I like the bright, white walls, and the large window through which the afternoon sun streams. For the most part, it feels like a refuge for me. I also like sitting on our garden swing, watching the birds at the bird feeders, listening to their songs.

If I could, I would go to the beach; or to the mountains to sit beside a stream. But both are too far away....

4. If you have kids, do they sleep with you? If you don't have kids...will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?

Yep; all my kids co-slept when they were babies, since I nursed them. That RV at my parents' was pretty small, so it was like we were all sleeping together even then! But now in our bigger house (in comparison to the RV! ;-) ), they have rooms of their own.....Well, the two youngest boys share a room; my daughter and step daughter share a room.

5. Do you watch late night TV?

Only when insomnia strikes! Actually, I do fairly regularly watch the 10:00 news, followed by Nightline. Usually I fall asleep during one or the other....The TV has a timer I can set, to go off on its own. We don't have cable or satellite, so we are limited on what we can even receive.

Read what others have to say on Five Question Friday.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!