Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~9



In my life this week...

I've been enjoying watching the neighborhood come alive with blooms everywhere! Received several packages this week, too! That's always fun! But I have had a difficult time adjusting to the time change. Wish they'd just leave it alone! :p

In our homeschool this week...

Little Bit, Teen Girl and I had fun learning about kites! Not sure why we couldn't get Botanist Boy interested, but he just didn't want to join us. Instead he spent time outside, doing yard work, painting preparation, helping organize and straighten things in the shed, etc.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Therapy day. That's pretty much the only place we went this week. It was hard to fill that gas tank.... :p

My favorite thing this week was...

I was able to get the hummingbird feeder put back up outside my bedroom window...and saw our first hummer!! I've also been enjoying watching a dozen or so Cardinals coming to the feeders each day.

What's working/not working for us...

I'm finding it less stressful, for Botanist Boy and me, to just let him work on his hands-on projects! And I am thrilled to see his love for reading really sore!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I'm trying to find unit studies that will really capture my Botanist Boy's attention....and what methods we can use for him to be able to display what he has learned, without doing a lot of paperwork/writing...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Youth is the time to lay up knowledge in those lines that can be put into daily practice throughout the life. Youth is the time to establish good habits, to correct wrong ones, to gain and hold the power of self-control, to accustom oneself to ordering all the acts of life with reference to the will of God and the welfare of one’s fellow creatures. Youth is the sowing time that determines the harvest of this life and the life beyond the grave. The habits formed in childhood and youth, the tastes acquired, the self-control gained, are almost certain to determine the future of the man or woman. My Life Today, p. 79, by Mrs. E. G. White.

  Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!