Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~4


In my life this week...

We've spent the week trying to stay warm! ;) I know much of the rest of the country has been even colder than we have been here....but for here, it's been miserably cold! We even had a tiny bit of snow Thursday morning; but the ground was whiter the next morning, from the heavy frost! LOL

In our homeschool this week...

This week we did the Valentine's Day Download N Go all together; yes, even Teen Girl. It was fun to learn about the history of Valentine's Day, and to make some Valentine cards, which were mailed out yesterday.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Tuesday was our usual therapy day. We also went to the library, and WalMart for shopping.

My favorite thing this week was...

Jen's Latin curriculum arrived! Looking forward to checking it out and getting started in it!

What's working/not working for us...

For the past several weeks, I have been planning menus, and posting the proposed weekly menu on my kitchen blog. It is a real relief, and time saver, to have our meals planned. It makes it easier for me to focus on our schoolwork.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

How can I help my daughter prepare for the SAT or ACT? How can I help her and my oldest seriously consider college?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



Okay, laugh. But this is all the snow we have gotten this winter!! ;-)

To read more Homeschool Mothers’ Journals, click the button at the top of this post. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I am trying to prepare my son for the SAT also. We purchased a few of those practice test books from a library used book sale and he has been doing a little bit in the. It is a bit overwhelming because those books are as big as a city phone book. lol

    I find planning menus is such a huge time saver overall, too. Just need to motivate myself to do them more regularly.

    Have a very blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving our new Latin programs here. :)

    I can't laugh at your snow photo, because we really didn't get much more than that ourselves last week, and I posted photos, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!