Monday, February 7, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~3




In my life this week...

We had some crazy weather around here this past week. I know most of the country did, too. Last Tuesday we had wind advisory, severe thunderstorm advisory, even tornado watch. After that system came through, our temperatures plummeted, and we ended up with freezing rain, and woke to ice everywhere Friday morning.

Let's just say, I didn't go very far last week!! And our bare cupboards show it! ;-)

I also spent time working on writing my product reviews, so I could get them posted on time....

In our homeschool this week...

Because we didn't spend much time out of the house, we were much more easily able to focus on schoolwork.

We have lapbooks/notebooks for science and history/geography, so spend time each day working on those. The boys and I finished up the Download N Go about George Washington. Little Bit spends time each day with Speekee, and Reading Kingdom. Botany Boy works each day on TenMarks. And Teen Girl is working her way through the VocabAhead DVD.

Have I mentioned what a blessing it has been this year, being on The Old Schoolhouse (aka TOS) Crew? I praise God every day for this privilege and opportunity!!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Well, as I said, due to the weather, we didn't do much traveling; just to take Teenager to work, and go to the grocery store here in town...... :P

My favorite thing this week was...

I'd have to say that my favorite thing this week was watching all the bird activity at the bird feeders! Dozens and dozens of finches; dozens of Cardinals! It just totally amazes me! I think there are more finches than there are hummingbirds during migration. Way awesome!

What's working/not working for us...

The cloudy, gloomy, dreary weather certainly did not work for us/ME this past week!! It was such a relief to see the sunshine come Sabbath!!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

We had another roadblock develop, concerning Teenager and Teen Girl getting their driver's licenses, or permit for Teen Girl! My poor son! He has been trying for at least three years now to get, first his permit, and now his license. He never has gotten a permit, so now he is just going for his license. That's probably what will happen for Teen Girl, too.....

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



To read more Homeschool Mothers’ Journals, click the button at the top of this post Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!