Friday, November 19, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge--Day 19

Today I am grateful for my cookstove, and my bread machine; for pumpkins and lentils and fresh homemade bread! And the work my 10 year old did, running the cooked pumpkin through the sieve. We now have about 6-8 quart bags of pumpkin in the freezer!

He kept asking me what we will do with the pumpkin. Well, son, there are: pumpkin pies; pumpkin bread; pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.....and who knows what all else we could make!!

It almost makes me want to go get more pumpkins, to cook and freeze! ;-)

I used to do quite a bit of canning and preserving when we lived in Montana; I miss it! Nothing is better than home preserved food!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!