Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog 30 Days of Diabetes--Day 18

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a week away! That means the start of the holidays.

Around here, we have some birthdays this time of year, too: hubby's around Thanksgiving; one of my children the beginning of December; and mine the beginning of January. So we are kind of in a mode of celebration from about now, until into the first week of the new year.

Celebrations tend to mean more sugary foods: Christmas cookies, candy, and birthday cakes.

Holiday Survival – What’s your survival tip? Do you avoid carbs, fats, or family members?

This year, we plan to spend Thanksgiving day at my mother-in-law's, with some of the rest of the in-laws. We will need to take some drinks with us, including sugar free for Jen. I tend to drink sugar free as much as possible, myself, since I am "pre-diabetic". Since I am vegetarian, I will also need to take something vegetarian for myself. I know the rest will eat the turkey. ;-)

Some of the other tips I could share:
  • Bring a healthy choice to share
  • Have a little of everything instead of a lot
  • Build exercise into the day

So, enjoy the holidays....but try to stay healthy as well!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!