Friday, April 30, 2010

Responsibility

"If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders." - Abigail Van Buren


This is what homeschooling is all about.....at least, in our home school. It is our goal to teach these children, to love and serve God; to be willing to serve our fellow man; to care for pets and God's second book, nature; to be good stewards of time and money; and to be respectful, and obedient to God and parents. Oh, yes, also to learn how to read, write, spell, and figure...and to learn how to look up answers to questions they may have.

Responsibility in all areas is of great importance, something that must be learned as a child. Each day I strive to teach my children this lesson. Some days it is a real struggle, and I feel like giving up! By leaning on God for my strength, we make this journey, one day at a time, one step at a time. I pray my children truly are growing up to be responsible adults.    
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!