Friday, December 11, 2015

F is for Friend/Friendship, {with 100 Themes link up}

The other day I asked these questions on my Facebook:

What does "friend" mean to you? What is a friend? What does friendship mean to you? What kind of friend do you consider yourself? What does being a friend TO you look like? 

Frankly, I was surprised at how few people took time to answer for me. <grin>

M said: A friend is a family member of your own choosing.

N said: Someone I can always count on.

DW said: A friend is someone who loves you even when you "aren't lovable". Someone who tells you what you need to hear, whether you want to hear it or not (because they love you enough to help you be a better person). A friend is someone who doesn't run when life gets difficult but stays and "gets a cup of coffee" with you.

DV said: A friend is there for good or bad. They will give you emotional support, laugh with you, cry with you, pray with and for you. You can trust them. And what DW said.

And S practically wrote a whole essay for me! <grin>: The most important aspect of a friend is being able to study the Bible together, pray together and share the deepest things of our hearts together. The God factor makes it a very rich, spiritual and endearing friendship. 

My favourite verses for friendship are: Job 6:14 "For the despairing man there should be kindness from his friend; So that he does not forsake the fear of the Almighty."

"Behold God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul." Psalm 54:4 

James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." ( healing includes all the emotional hurts and pain of the past which includes confessing my unforgiveness, bitterness, the way I have reacted to situations...to be able to talk those things through, process and pray together is very special) 

1 Samuel 18:1 "...the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul." This is the most beautiful example of true friendship seen in the Bible.

S also shared a video, from YouTube:

To me, a friend is someone who is there for you, through thick and thin. Yes, they will often do the hard thing of telling you to "get your act together" if necessary. But they will be there with you through the pain, any pain, you may be going through. They will hold your hands in prayer, and in love. They will also hold you when you're feeling lonely.

This is the kind of friend that I hope I am. This is the kind of friend I wish and long for. I try to treat my friends in the way I wish to be treated.

Now, how many true friends do you consider yourself as having? Deep, heart-and-soul friends? Kindred spirits? Do the friends you consider best friends, actually consider you as their best friend?

Just remember, no matter how many or how few friends we have, Jesus is your very best Friend. He gave His life for you. And He would have done that if you had been the only sinner in the universe!

Be sure to take some extra time this Sabbath to commune with your BEST FRIEND, and thank Him for all He has done for you.
Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=





To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!