Saturday, November 24, 2018

The night before the wedding...

Here I sit on the eve of my firstborn son's wedding day. I wonder, have I done enough to prepare him? Yet I know I've done the best I could.

Tomorrow I will watch my little-boy-grown-into-a-man pledge his love and life to the woman of his heart. Tonight we rehearsed.







 


She's been like family for more than a decade already, because she's been my beautiful daughter's best friend since they were young. Tomorrow we will officially, legally welcome her to the family.

It’s better to have a partner than go it alone.
Share the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls down, the other helps,
But if there’s no one to help, tough!

Two in a bed warm each other.
Alone, you shiver all night.
By yourself you’re unprotected.
With a friend you can face the worst.
Can you round up a third?
A three-stranded rope isn’t easily snapped.
 
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, The Message.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Privacy policy: we do not share your information except to send you emails when new posts occur on the blog.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!