Friday, March 18, 2016

T is for Today

Today I hugged a total stranger.

Yes, I really did.

I took Jen to work, then went to pick up my mother from physical therapy to take her to her hair appointment. After that, I had to stop at WalMart to pick up grated cheese and olives for tomorrow's potluck dinner after church. We're having haystacks! Yum!

Then I headed back out to my van. I loaded the bags in to my van, took the cart to the cart corral, got in to my van, and left. Next on the agenda was lunch at Just a Cupcake. Fridays they serve a scrumptious vegetable quiche.
(taken with my phone)
As I was helping my mom out, with her little walker and portable concentrater (oxygen), etc., I realized my purse was not in the van! Ladies, you know that sick, sinking feeling...I sent her on in to Just a Cupcake, and I headed back to WalMart, asking the Lord to protect my purse.

I parked near where we were before; checked the cart corral, and saw my purse wasn't there, so I headed in to Customer Service. I had to wait (impatiently!) while a couple other customers were helped. Then it was my turn.

The two ladies were very helpful. They first looked in the office. Then one of them went off to find one of the cart-pushers. I stepped off to the side to wait, nearly in tears. Meanwhile, another customer came up in line behind me. While I sat there on the bench, she presented her case.

Suddenly, the customer service lady said, "Ma'am, is this your purse?" The other customer turned around, and presented my purse!

I jumped up, and exclaimed, "Yes!! It is!"

Then I rushed over, took my purse, and hugged the lady who had brought my purse in, while thanking her profusely. She said she noticed right away, in the parking lot, that I'd left my purse in the cart. She even tried to follow us in her vehicle, but then saw that we turned down the road to the next town over. She couldn't follow us that far, so she went back to WalMart.

This just shows that God takes care of the little things. We know He can take care of the large things, as well...Like sending the Child Support money.

I discovered on the CSE website this week, on our case, that it appears payments have ceased from the ex and that CSE has sent a letter of inquiry; also that a request was sent to the employer to deduct support from the ex's wages. Today there is a message there saying: "The current actions taking place on your case are not available to view on eServices at this time. Please contact us for more information."

Whenever this happens, when the child support money doesn't come, many things go through one's mind. Why? Why is the payment not made? Did he change jobs (yet again...without informing me...)? Did he die in an automobile accident or something?

You know, these teenage boys kind of like to eat. And they are growing like weeds, so often need new clothes. I need gasoline for the van so I can take them to the places they need to go...like church.

So, I try to just trust God, and leave it all in His hands. Sometimes that's hard to do. I lose sleep when I am worried (and I already have problems with insomnia!).

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. Claiming, and clinging to, this promise right now.

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Wendy! I'm so glad an honest person found your purse. I'm praying that your child support situation be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your purse was returned! That is such a sinking feeling! I will pray that your support comes through -- I know how tough it can be when you're counting on it and it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!