Monday, November 16, 2015

Favorite Schoolhouse Review Crew Products at Rossmont

Along with the end of the Crew year, comes choosing our favorite products. Here at Rossmont we had a fairly light load (by choice), but we were introduced to some great resources. The 2015 Schoolhouse Review Crew Blue Ribbon Awards will be shared over on the Crew blog, but we wanted to share our personal favorites here.

First of all, we were introduced to Heirloom Audio Productions this year. When we were privileged enough to review In Freedom's Cause, we also begged to review With Lee in Virginia. Frankly, these have become our all time favorites; in fact, I found Botanist Boy listening to In Freedom's Cause just yesterday. And I'm sure we'll be listening to both of them on our next trip to Florida. Perhaps we'll be getting Under Drake's Flag for Christmas, or Botanist Boy's birthday. And we look forward to more in the future.

Another product we really enjoyed was our study of Ben Carson: A Chance at Life, by YWAM Publishing. I think they enjoyed more my reading aloud the book than they did using the study guide. Shhh! Don't let them know that I am "on to them." <grin>

We also enjoyed our introduction to FishFlix, and were blessed enough to be in both review slots. We reviewed Unbroken Legacy of Faith, which the boys, and even Tim, really enjoyed. We also reviewed When Calls the Heart: Heart of the Family, which frankly I enjoyed more than the boys did. But, hey, my mom and Jen will enjoy watching with me when we are in Florida!

The boys have really liked our review of Drawing Around the World: Europe, by Brookdale House, well enough that they wish to continue with it. This fact actually kind of surprised me! But I am glad they want to continue with it. I, personally, enjoy geography.

The one I was the most excited to review was Institute for Excellence in Writing's Primary Arts of Language Reading and Writing. I think it was our greatest blessing of the Crew year. Frankly, I wish I'd been able to use it with Little Bit a couple years or so ago. It was so beneficial for Little Bit; it helped him make great progress in reading and writing this year.

The final product I want to mention is our review of Homeschool Planet, by the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. This is one I will be wishing to continue using for the next several years.

As I said earlier, we won't be returning to the Crew next year; perhaps never again. We'll see what the boys decide a year from now, and how the Lord leads us. We have been very blessed, and thankful, for the years we have spent on the Crew. It's been a privilege and blessing to serve the homeschool community in this way.

I pray you'll have a blessed holiday season, and a wonderful new year.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!