Okay; yes, I know that Botanist Boy doesn't begin with "D" but I don't use my minor children's real names on my blog. His real name does begin with "D."
This young man of mine will be celebrating his 16th birthday in a few days. That is hard for me to comprehend!
I am proud of the young man he is becoming. Each morning, he begins his day with Bible reading and prayer. He is reading one chapter from the Bible each day. He helps a lot in the kitchen, and has been since his older two siblings moved out. Since I have an extremely difficult time standing for any length of time at all (due to chronic back and knee pain), the boys do most of the cooking and kitchen clean up.
My Botanist Boy is developing a talent in creative writing, and has even begun his own blog. He still plans to be a pastor, or a missionary (missionary pastor, maybe?). He plans to go through the AFCOE program in a couple years; he wishes he didn't have to wait until he's 18 to do that, though!
He's pretty handy around the house, too. He has learned a lot about minor household repairs, small engine repairs, etc. Ask him how he likes plumbing!! <grin>
- What is your favorite color? - Red
- What is your favorite subject in school? -History
- What is your least favorite subject? -Math! Duh!
- What is your favorite meal to prepare? -Pizza
- What is your favorite dessert? -Hershey's Kisses cookies
- Do you actually enjoy cooking/baking? -ish
- Who is your favorite author? -God (Bible)
- What is your favorite physical activity? -Walking or running (especially at Grandma and Grandpa's)
- What is your favorite animal? -Dogs
- What do you want to study in college? -Photography, theology
- What occupation do you want to have? -Missionary
- What is your favorite pastime? -Writing short stories
To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.
Pin It Now!