Monday, February 23, 2015

Great Commision Films--IndoctriNation movie {Schoolhouse Review Crew}

I am thankful to live in a nation where we have freedom; freedom of religion; freedom to choose how we wish to educate our children. Prophecy indicates, though, we won't always have these freedoms. We see in signs all around us the nearness of Christ's coming, some of which are school violence, school bullying, and worldly indoctrination in our schools. 

We were given the opportunity to view and review, from Great Commission Films the DVD IndoctriNation: Public Schools and the Decline of Christianity in America. This is a 102 minute video, which features interviews with teachers, school administrators, parents, and others. 

We follow Scottish-born turned Texan Colin Gunn as he tours the United States, while learning the history of the public government school system. He takes his wife and seven children with him in, fittingly enough, a big yellow school bus.

Featured are a former Christian student of one of the top-ranked public school, who nearly lost her Christian way while being in the government school; teachers who lost their jobs because they were Christians; a parent of a student who lost his life in Columbine.

You'll also be shown a timeline of government education system in the United States, beginning in the 1600s. Little by little Christianity and Creationism have been eliminated from the school system and curriculum, and have been replaced by evolution and humanistic ideas. 


What about the argument that we are to be the “salt” and “light” to the world? How can that be done, though, when it is against the law to even speak the name of Jesus in the schools?


One stop on the tour is in Dayton, Tennessee, the site of the Scopes “Monkey” Trial of 1925. I know this town well, because I attended a Christian boarding school during my high school years, just up the mountain from there.


I watched the video a couple times. The second time my teenage son wanted to watch it with me. Even my 21 year old daughter watched most of it. My folks came in part way through as well. For those who may not know, my parents are retired Seventh-day Adventist church school teachers. My mom even taught in public school for about five years, back in the 1960s.


My mom’s main comment after viewing it was: “Very powerful!”  She would like my brothers to see this video, especially my older brother, to help him understand why she chose to leave teaching in the public school system all those decades ago.


My husband hasn’t had a chance to watch it yet, because of his mother’s recent funeral and all. His daughter is in public high school, even though I know he wishes she weren’t.


I would like to also share it with some of my friends from church, and homeschool group. It truly gives one a perspective on the government school system in a very powerful way. I’d highly recommend this for any Christian parent who has children in the public school system, or anyone considering homeschooling or Christian church school as an alternative to the government school.

“Every Christian parent with a child in a government school should see this and be forced to confront their unwillingness to do what Scripture requires for the children on loan to them by God. A mass exodus from government schools is the only way to preserve the souls and minds of our children, whether it gets the attention of politicians or not...and it would.” Cal Thomas, Fox News political contributor & America's most widely syndicated op-ed columnist

Facebook
Twitter
Vimeo
YouTube

IndoctriNation DVD Review
   

Crew Disclaimer



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!