Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankfulness at Rossmont

Here it is, the final Blog Cruise of the 2013 Schoolhouse Review Crew year! I'm not really sure how this year went by so quickly.

This is also my final Blog Cruise. Period. My family will be taking a break from the Crew through the 2014 year. If the Lord leads us to do so, we hope to be back in the 2015 year, though.

My regular readers know that I've been participating in the Gratitude Challenge every November for the past few years, but this post will put some of the main things for which I'm thankful all into one post.

First off, I am very thankful for the opportunity to have been on the Schoolhouse Review Crew for the past 4 voyages. It has been a blessing in so many ways. We have discovered some great products which we never would have found, if it weren't for being on the Crew.

I am also grateful for the the wonderful team of homeschool moms (and dad) with whom I've been able to work during this time. My dear readers, if you aren't already, you need to start taking time to read the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog on a regular basis, and read the reviews these wonderful blogging moms post on their blogs!

I'm thankful for the wealth of information these moms share, from homeschool products and methods, to some of the technical aspects with blogging and social media. They've helped me grow tremendously this year in some of these areas.

I'm thankful that, even though I will no longer be able to visit with these blogging moms on the Crew forums, I will be able to visit with most of them on Facebook! Yes, I admit: I am thankful for Facebook. It makes it possible for me to keep up with friends and acquaintances.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for my family: my husband and my children; my parents, my brothers and their families. I am thankful I still have my two young-adult children at home with me! I know in a few weeks, or months, they plan to move back to Florida.

Frankly, I am wildly thankful that my two young-adult children have their driver's licenses!! What a blessing it is! I can send them on errands for me, so I can focus more on homeschooling the younger two. And I am thankful for the privilege and opportunity, and freedom, to homeschool my children.

Even though we are losing more and more of our freedoms, I am thankful for the freedoms we do still have.

Soon, Jesus is coming to take His children HOME. The signs all around us show us this is true. I am thankful for the promise He made to come again:
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3.
Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

How about you? What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? 

Be sure to read what other Crew members are thankful for this Thanksgiving week. (Link will go live Tuesday, November 19, 2013)

Subscribe to Life at Rossmont

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I completely missed this blog cruise! UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed reading your post. If you are no longer part of the Crew I'll have to make a point to stop by and visit. It'll just be harder to remember. :)

    http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!