Friday, June 7, 2013

This Week at Rossmont--June 2-8, 2013

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Well, Medicaid finally approved braces for the Botanist Boy! So, he and I went to the orthodontist on Tuesday. (You can see a picture from that day)

Shhh; don't tell my other kids, but I treated him to pizza afterward.

In our homeschool this week…Yes. We are doing a few homeschool type things throughout the summer. Little Bit especially seems to thrive on the consistency of a schedule. He likes working his way through his workboxes.

In reality, we are pretty much just working on a couple review items, for the Schoolhouse Review Crew. Botanist Boy is thankful to have much more time to work on writing his book.

Little Bit likes to line things up. Today he spent awhile sorting through and lining up a couple sets of playing cards (one has pictures of birds on them, the other, famous American landmarks). And he told me I could take pictures of them, so I could post them! ;-) So, here goes, folks!
The bird set



Both sets together



I’m/we're cooking…The finances have been extremely tight, tighter than usual while waiting for child support money to come (which it finally did!). We had to get pretty creative, and even more frugal, with our meal preparations. So we have been eating beans pretty frequently.

Well, today was National Doughnut Day. Did you know?: National Doughnut Day is on the first Friday of June each year, succeeding the Doughnut Day event created by The Salvation Army in 1938 to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. (wikipedia)

Jen wanted to make these, so we picked up the ingredients. Jen and the Botanist Boy worked on them together. They didn't turn out quite like the picture for the recipe. But they tasted delicious anyway!


I’m grateful for…my precious children. I love them with every ounce of my being.

I’m praying for…a sweet young friend of mine, who is pregnant with her first baby, and has been on bed rest.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. ~Amen


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!