Thursday, May 16, 2013

Our Study of Brahms

This week, we finished reading the book, The Young Brahms, by Sybil Deucher. The boys seemed to enjoy it pretty well.

Brahms was quite an amazing musician. From a very young age he showed real talent in music. He began piano lessons at age 7, and was always composing little musical pieces.

I like that, scattered throughout the book are pieces of music. I kept wishing I could play the piano, so I could play those pieces for the boys. Instead, I tried to find some of Brahms' music on YouTube.

(Found here.)

(Found here.)

We also placed his statistics on our timelines. This was also a continuing part of our Composers lap book which we recently reviewed.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!