Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pampering the Teacher

This week's Blog Cruise topic is Taking Care of the Homeschool Teacher.

I don't know about you, but sometimes it seems we homeschool parents/teachers get so busy with lesson planning, teaching our children, caring for our homes cooking and cleaning, sometimes it's hard to have time for our spouses, much less for our selves.

Jesus is our example. Even He took time out for Himself, when surrounded by crowds of people, begging for His time and attention. He would get up early in the morning, to go out in to nature, to commune with His Father. "Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." Luke 5:16, NIV. 

So, I try to make it a priority, as far as taking care of myself, to spend quiet time alone with the Lord each morning, praying, and reading God's Word.

A couple other things I do to take care of me: I spend some time each day visiting with online friends. I also play some games of Solitaire on my Kindle Fire, when I have time.

I also like to relax with a good book, usually on my Kindle anymore. Or watching a video on Netflix.

What I'd really like to do is take a weekend, alone, at a motel with my scrapbooking and card making supplies...or attend a weekend scrapbooking retreat. I really miss scrapbooking, and rubberstamping!

Of course, a long soak in the tub, or some chocolate, are also wonderful ways to pamper the homeschool teacher! ;-)

How do you, as a homeschool teacher, take care of yourself?

Be sure to read how other Crew members pamper the homeschool teacher! (Link will go live Tuesday morning, November 13) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!