Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I is for Infinite Love {Blogging Through the Alphabet}

I is for Infinite Love

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.~John 3:16, KJV.

The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are His children. The reason the people in the world do not know us is that they have not known Him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and we have not yet been shown what we will be in the future. But we know that when Christ comes again, we will be like Him, because we will see Him as He really is. Christ is pure, and all who have this hope in Christ keep themselves pure like Christ.~1 John 3:1-3, NCV.

What Wondrous Love

I’m just a tiny speck, Lord,
In Your eternal universe;
You have an infinite space,
And yet You care for me.

You’ve given me a fantastic brain,
One to retain—forever;
This brain which records for me
Every sight, sound, taste and smell.

You know my every thought—
Even the number of my hairs;
Why, You even knew me
Before I was ever born!

I’m just a hopeless sinner,
Never doing a right thing;
I’m only a lowly human,
With a very carnal nature.

Yet, Lord, You came to this earth
To die a cruel death for me
On a rugged cross on Calvary
For all the sins of mankind.

What wondrous love is this,
Love to die for a fallen world;
How can we ever say thanks
For such a wondrous sacrifice?

(copyright) Wendy Ross
written April 28, 1980



(Yes, notice that poem was written over 30 years ago!)

Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Please note: 
COPYRIGHT 2005-2015.
All rights reserved. All text (including my poetry), photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!