Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TOS Review: Go Science DVDs from Library & Ed Services

For several years now, I have heard of Library & Educational Services, but never took the time to look around the site or anything. When I found we'd be offered the opportunity to review something from the site, I was excited, and even more so with the prospect of science videos!
Each Crew member was allowed to choose two videos, from the set of six Go Science DVDs. While I was choosing the two we wanted, I also looked around the site more, and ordered a few other things (including a video about Mary, the mother of Jesus, which I had first seen when I was pregnant with with my first child; it had touched me so deeply then).

We chose volumes 2 and 3. Each of the 6 volumes covers several topics:
  • Volume 1: Motion
  • Volume 2: Simple Machines, Sound and Weather
  • Volume 3: Magnetism, Electricity, Engineering and Design
  • Volume 4: Chemistry, States of Matter, and Life Sciences
  • Volume 5: Air and Flight
  • Volume 6: Water, Space and Solar System
From the website:
Even kids who claim an aversion to science will be engaged by the high-energy science demonstrations of Ben Roy! Ben teaches science methods at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and is the former director of a science program on television. With this expertise, Ben captivates, motivates, and inspires students to be excited about science, while providing effective instruction based on science phenomena. Each of the 67 spectacular demonstrations of physical or chemical science has a spiritual application and points to our Creator! Recommended for ages 6 to 14.
Well, you already know, we love science, in our home. We also love video learning! So this is a good combination for us.


At the end of each segment, Mr. Roy looks directly in to the camera and says, "Every time we learn something about science, we learn something about our Creator, God!" It didn't take very long before Little Bit was quoting that right along with Mr. Roy! ;-)

Frankly, I think Little Bit enjoyed the videos more than the Botanist Boy. They seemed to totally captivate him. I think I'll be purchasing the rest of the set...perhaps for his birthday next month. Shhhhh! Don't tell him!

Regularly listed for $14.95 each (or $79.95 for the set of 6) Library & Educational Services offers the Go Science DVD’s for just $8.97 each, or $47.95 for the entire set.

Contact Information:

Website
Email

Address:
Library & Education Services
P.O. Box 288
Berrien Springs, MI 49103

Phone: 269-695-1800
FAX: 269-695-8500

Check out what the rest of the Crew has to say about the Go Science DVDs.

 
*****************
Disclaimer: As a TOS review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!