Monday, April 23, 2012

Blogging Through the Alphabet: I






I am determined to be on time with this letter! ;-) I've been wracking my brain, trying to come up with an "I" word to blog about!! What a challenge!

I is for Imagination.   

Imagination. What is it?


1 : the act, process, or power of forming a mental picture of something not present and especially of something one has not known or experienced
2 : creative ability
3 : a creation of the mind

Let me tell  you, my children have pretty good imaginations....most especially the Botanist Boy! And he uses that imagination of his to create some of the most imaginative things, out of what most people consider junk!

The Castle, made from an apple box




Robot



Boat and lighthouse


I'm not sure what God has in mind for the Botanist Boy's career when he grows up, but with that imagination of his, I can imagine it will have something to do with inventing! ;-) I'm also pretty sure that a good imagination is needed to be a landscaper (which is one thing he has talked about wanting to be).

As long as my children's imaginations are sanctified by God, and used for His honor and glory, I'll be a happy, grateful mama!

With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. ~Ephesians 3:20, NCV

But as it is written in the Scriptures: "No one has ever seen this, and no one has ever heard about it. No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." (Isaiah 64:4) ~1 Corinthians 2:9, NCV

Follow along in Blogging Through the Alphabet.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. My imaginitive boy can build anything with a set (or seven) of Jenga blocks. Guess what my J subject is going to be?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!