Monday, March 28, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~10


In my life this week...


I spent much time looking for my notebook of poems that I have written over my lifetime. There was one particular poem I wanted to find, so I could post it on my poem/nature blog....I began writing poems when I was about 9 or 10! And this notebook has copies of them all (some 160+)!! I knew I had tucked the notebook away some where safe! But could not for the life of me remember where I had put it!!


While looking for the notebook, I did find my Laura Ingalls Wilder books!! Which I had also been looking for, off and on, for months! And Botanist Boy brought in some boxes from the trailer....and we found my Mary's Moo Moos collection, Teen Girl's Growing Up Girls collection, and Teenager's Cherished Teddies collection!! We hadn't seen these since moving from Montana, six years ago!!! Oh, happy day!!


By the way, my poem notebook? Yes, I finally found it!! In a safe place. After I had about given up ever seeing it again. And when I was exhausted, my body was hurting all over from moving totes around, and so discouraged. And, yes, I had been praying all along that I would find it. What a relief it was!!

In our homeschool this week...


This week, I tried to spend some extra one-on-one time with Teen Girl, go over some of her schoolwork: how she is doing; what she needs to accomplish before she is ready to graduate a little over a year from now, etc.


She actually started working on the Download N Go with Little Bit, so while they worked on that, I did some extra work in the kitchen. They sounded like they were having lots of fun!


And Botanist Boy spend extra time doing hands-on activities, like yard work, etc., as well as reading, reading, reading! I am just so happy to see his excitement for reading!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...


Well, Little Bit was scheduled to see the orthodontist...Tuesday morning, since Tuesday afternoon is therapy. We got to the orthodontist, and the receptionist informed me that his appointment had been scheduled for the afternoon before!....Um, I don't think so!! Tuesday is our trip to the that city day! And has been for months! Including back in November when the orthodontist appointment was set! And I had double, triple, checked the appointment date/time, etc.


Ah, well, it was transferred to the following week, since Teen Girl has one scheduled for then anyway.


And, Little Bit was taken in early for his therapy, since we were early arriving there! ;-)

My favorite thing this week was...


Finding my poem notebook! And finding my Mary's Moo Moos and Teen Girl's Growing Up Girls!!

What's working/not working for us...


Our week definitely runs more smoothly when I post a menu!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...


Botanist Boy is balking more and more at doing written assignments, anything with paper and pencil. I need to find more hands-on stuff for him to do. At least I can get him to read now! But I need for him to get into some books that are a little more educational than Magic Treehouse books. He does like history. He does like science, especially plants. He definitely likes adventure. Do you have any suggestions for books that fit the bill?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stopping by through THMJ :o) I love your photo! About botnay, last year my daughter did a WONDERFUL study on botany for our science! Everything (WE) learned has stuck with us! It's called Exploring Creation with Botany, it's by the Apologia science texts- I highly reccomend it!!!
    Here's a link to the text (you may have already discovered this text, but if not, the other great thing is that it is written for homeschoolers as well!)
    http://www.christianbook.com/exploring-creation-with-botany-textbook/jeannie-fulbright/9781932012491/pd/337002?event=1016SALE|1124589|60624

    blessings, Deanna@Homeward Bound

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!