Friday, January 28, 2011

TOS Review: TenMarks

Math. Our weakest subject. I'm sorry, kids, that you inherited this from your mother! During the fourteen-plus years that we have been homeschooling, we have checked out a lot of different math curricula! I am truly thankful that we received TenMarks to try out! It has been a real hit for my 11 year old!

TenMarks is an online math program, for grades 3-8, as well as high school algebra and geometry. TenMarks helps students refresh, learn, and master math concepts at their own pace. A personalized curriculum is developed for each student, designed to help your child master the concepts quickly. Here's how it works:



  • 4 worksheets are assigned each week, each with 10 questions
  • Hints and Video lessons are available as help, offering step by step solutions
  • Weekly reports on the student's progress
  • Reward zone/rewards to motivate the student

There are two ways to "reward" your student. First, there are fun, educational games which are unlocked periodically (after so many worksheets are completed). Those games alone seem to motivate my son to accomplish the required work. Another reward system the parent sets up, with whatever rewards you want to use: a special toy or game, or time spent one-on-one with a parent, or perhaps a special family outing, along with how many worksheets need to be completed before earning that reward.

I like having the weekly reports emailed to me. They give me a progress report, as well as telling me what worksheets are assigned for the coming week. I forward these emails to my son, so he has reminders to log on to TenMarks and complete his assignments.

At this time, we are using TenMarks as our core math. We may choose later to use it as a supplement to our main math curriculum. It is nice to have that option! My son says: This is the best online math I have ever used! It is fun! It's simple to use. I love it!!

TenMarks offers a free trial. Costs range from $10.00 a month, per child, to $49.00 for six months, or $89.00 for a 12-month subscription. And they have a money-back guarantee!

To read what other members of the TOS Crew have to say about TenMarks, click the banner below.


*****************

As a review blogger,  I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!