Monday, January 24, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal-1

I just came across this meme, and think I would like to give it a try. I want to get in the habit of journaling more about our homeschool journey and activities. You can learn more about it over at The Homeschool Chick.

The Homeschool Chick

In my life this week....

Busy. Bouts of insomnia. Enjoying watching flocks of finches at the feeders, along with Cardinals, Titmice, Chickadees, a few sparrows.

We had some hoodlums vandalize the RV again; then a couple days later, Botany Boy saw the vandals lurking again. So, he and hubby set about to give them a shocking experience if they messed with the RV again!

I've been busy writing and posting homeschool product reviews. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity. We are learning and experiencing a lot of new things.

In our homeschool this week....

Teen girl has really gotten into taking the initiative in working on her schoolwork. She is feeling pretty determined to get to the module in Marine Biology where she needs a microscope, and can also start dissecting.

Botany Boy has been having fun working on his math using Ten Marks. He has also discovered the joy of reading books for himself! He's now devouring books! :-)

Little Bit has been having fun using Speekee, and was excited to begin his journey with Reading Kingdom. We have also been learning about our magnificent moon, and the astronauts who walked on the moon.

Places we're going and people we're seeing.......

Tuesday is therapy day for Little Bit. Then Botany Boy and Teen Girl had dentist appointments.

We were disappointed that we were unable to join the homeschool group at the bowling alley, but with the price of gasoline.....

My favorite thing this week was......

I think that would be the time spent with Little Bit, learning about the moon, astronauts, and observing the moon and its phases each day. I think the moon has always been one of his favorite things (he's always liked the book, Good Night Moon). He seemed to just really enjoy learning more about it.

What's working/not working for us.....

I think one of the things not really working for us much this year, was the fact that I was planning to use FIAR/Beyond FIAR this year, as well as fitting in the products we are receiving via the TOS Crew, and the Download N Go units. So, for now, FIAR/Beyond are "on the back burner." So, now I am not feeling quite so overwhelmed, trying to do it all.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have......

Like other homeschoolers, I am starting to think about planning for next year. Yet, I want to still "keep my eyes on the ball" for this year! But next year, my Teen Girl will be a senior! Preparing to graduate my second student is bittersweet.

We are talking about her need to start contacting colleges for information packets, and I am kind of starting to push her to plan for either the ACT or SAT.

A photo to share.....



If you want to see what other homeschool mothers have shared, click the button at the top. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!