Sunday, January 9, 2011

Psalm 57

 1 Be merciful to me, God; be merciful to me
       because I come to you for protection.
    Let me hide under the shadow of your wings
       until the trouble has passed.

 2 I cry out to God Most High,
       to the God who does everything for me. 
 3 He sends help from heaven and saves me.
       He punishes those who chase me.   
                         Selah

       God sends me his love and truth. 

 4 Enemies, like lions, are all around me;
       I must lie down among them.
    Their teeth are like spears and arrows,
       their tongues as sharp as swords. 

 5 God is supreme over the skies;
       his majesty covers the earth. 

 6 They set a trap for me.
       I am very worried.
    They dug a pit in my path,
       but they fell into it themselves.   
                         Selah
 

 7 My heart is steady, God; my heart is steady.
       I will sing and praise you.
 8 Wake up, my soul.
       Wake up, harp and lyre!
       I will wake up the dawn.
 9 Lord, I will praise you among the nations;
       I will sing songs of praise about you to all the nations.
 10 Your great love reaches to the skies,
       your truth to the clouds.
 11 God, you are supreme above the skies.
       Let your glory be over all the earth. (Psalm 57, New Century Version) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!